Monday, October 31, 2016

Devendra Cloth, Zion, Hurricane, 31 October 2016

Dreamed terror of a rough piece of cloth that seemed
To be moving around my head in the dark. Was it in my head or
Outside my head? Was it being dragged along over the bed,
Someone dragging it, or was it dragging itself through my skull?
Its name was devendra cloth, that I knew, horrible, but that was all.
The emotions we feel in our dreams are too strong for the things we dream.
I think the things we dream produce no emotions themselves at all.
The gusts of emotion coursing down through the canyons' deep sleep
Stir up our dreams, whirling detached, scattered memories around
The way winds whip up piles of fallen leaves off the ground.
We wouldn't say leaves created the wind. We wouldn't snatch at them to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment